At Garapine, we offer outdoor education with outcomes based on the general capabilities of the Australia Curriculum. Our programs are designed to provide a camp experience in which students are challenged, realising their true potential, building resilience and learning skills that will help to prepare them for life in the real world.
We strive to provide quality programs with real outcomes for all students from Prep to Grade 12.
Our outdoor education programs encompass the general capabilities of the Australian Curriculum, specifically:
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Personal and Social Capability
- Ethical Understanding
- Intercultural Understanding
Each program is specifically designed according to the age group of the students, the Curriculum general capabilities and achievement standards.
Contact us to discuss your next camp.
Challenge by Choice
We believe in the “Challenge by Choice” philosophy…
- Any activity or goal may pose a different level and type of challenge for each group member.
- Participants are asked to challenge themselves in an atmosphere of support and caring.
- Knowing there is an opportunity to “back off” when performance pressure or self-doubt becomes too strong, but knowing an opportunity for a future attempt will be available.
- Students learn to set goals that are in neither the comfort nor the panic zone, but in a slightly uncomfortable stretch zone where the opportunity for growth and learning lies.
- The group recognises that the attempt is more significant than performance results, demonstrating respect for individual ideas and choices.
Our onsite activities are facilitated by trained and qualified instructors and include:
- Kayaking on the Mary River
- Group initiative challenges
- Flying fox
- Ropes course
- Raft building
- Environmental education activities
- Mountain Bike Riding
- Night time activities